Thursday, June 2, 2011

32

Yep...it's officially my birthday! Let the festivities begin. For as long as I can remember, I have absolutely loved my birthday...even turning 30! While the majority of my friends were dreading the big 3-0 I was planning a bash to remember. But something strange happened last year when I turned 31...I was officially IN my 30s and it suddenly depressed me. And now 32...deeper into my 30s. After spending the last few weeks leading up to this day kind of depressed about my pending birthday, I realized, what for?! Sure, I'm not exactly where I thought I would be at 32 but that's life...it's a total crapshoot! Shit happens but after having a pity party moment you have to dust yourself off and fight for what you want in life because no one else is gonna do it for you. There are so many things I have to love about my life and I'm excited about the new adventures I'm embarking on this year. It's time to focus on that, not what's missing. One of the hardest lessons I have learned the last couple of years is to not compare my life to anyone elses. Just because it may appear that a friend's life is perfect, you don't necessarily know that from the outside looking in. The only story I have to be invested in, is my own. So...I have decided that this summer is going to be the Summer of Jen...starting with my bday. For the first time in a long time, I'm going be completely selfish and do ME (a line straight from Sammie from the Jersey Shore). I can't wait to head to NYC tomorrow with 3 of my favorite Chicago girls to visit 2 my favorite NYC girls for a weekend full of fun!!! xxs to all!

3 Things I'm Grateful To Have Had in the Last 32 Years of My Life:

My Health! Sure I've been a little more broken the last couple years with my back problems and now a stress fracture in my foot...I'll be rocking crutches this birthday and milking every second of it with the fellas. ;) But for the most part I have been lucky to be super healthy and active as a kid and young adult. Compared to what so many other people face in their lives, these are just minor setbacks I can overcome.

Åsa Tällgård1


My FANTASTIC Female Friendships! The older I get, the more I realize that not all girls are lucky enough to have amazing girlfriends like I do. I'm not talking about girlfriends that you meet up with once in awhile to grab drinks or go out for a night on the town...it's more than that...it's those friendships that run SO deep it's scary. The ones where they can make you see a side of yourself you would have never uncovered on your own. The ones that have you rolling on the ground laughing at the most absurd things. The ones that you are so comfortable with you can be totally silly and raunchy without feeling dumb. I am so lucky to have a handful of amazing women in my life to lean on when the going gets tough and know they will pick me up when I crumble.


Click to Enlarge

My Mama! There's nothing like a mom and mine is my heart and soul. Not having a huge family, she's all I had for a while and I admire the things she does for me and my brother. I hope that one day I will be 1/2 the mother she is. :)



So here's to a kickass 32nd year of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Jennyfer, what a thoughtful post =) Here's to your amazing summer to match your amazing you! Happy Bday!

    ReplyDelete