Thursday, March 3, 2011

Designer Spotlight: David Stark

Clever, innovative and fresh is the perfect way to describe David Stark's events and design. David and his team have produced some pretty creative and amazing events for some high profile clients. The cool part is, one my besties works for David and I hear first hand some of the fabulous things they work on. A recent project of David's that blew me away was the creation of a 26 foot tall call to action, on the steps of the New York Public Library with a single word: R E A D.

A project for Target to support the National Education Association's Read Across America Program, the structure was put together with over 25,000 Dr. Seuss books (all of which were donated to New York City public schools and libraries, post event!!!!! How fab is that?!). The temporary fixture met it's goal: eye-catching and traffic stopping. The star-studded Dr. Seuss themed event was just as fabulous inside. Check it out below.

ps - Happy Belated Birthday, Dr. Seuss. A distinct bedtime story memory for me, I think I owned every book. Thanks for your years of imagination and quirky creativity.










No comments:

Post a Comment